- DENSE FOLIAGE: The Blue Rug Juniper is a hardy evergreen ground cover shrub with a low trailing habit and short, needle-like silvery-blue aromatic foliage. A fully mature plant will reach a height no taller than 12 inches, but it will spread up to 8 feet wide! This low-maintenance ground cover plant attracts year-round interest with its evergreen foliage.
- GROUND COVER: Use this Juniper along foundation plantings, around trees and shrubs, embankment plantings, beds, and rock gardens, or planted along and allowed to hang over retaining walls. With an intermediate growth rate, a fully mature Blue Rug Juniper will remain less than 1 foot in height while spreading up to 8 feet wide, which creates a dense mat.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Caring for the Blue Rug Juniper is relatively easy and low maintenance. This low-growing conifer does not require pruning unless its growth has become unruly or foliage is damaged or diseased. Light pruning can encourage growth and provide your garden with dense, healthy dark green year-round interest. If you choose to prune, do so in the late winter or early spring, removing any dead or damaged foliage.
- USDA ZONES: This ground cover plant thrives in USDA zones 3a – 9b and in direct sunlight 6-8 hours a day. Be sure the soil of your juniper remains evenly moist until it has matured. Well-draining soil is a must-have with the Blue Rug juniper, as soggy soil can lead to root rot.
- POTTED PLANT: Ships as a 2.5 Quart potted plant with soil from the Alabama Gulf Coast. Not guaranteed to be in bloom on arrival. This plant is unavailable to ship to California, Hawaii, and Alaska.